Articles on this Page
- 03/05/13--07:18: _Ableton Live 9 Now ...
- 03/05/13--14:31: _Imagem Music Opens ...
- 03/06/13--07:51: _Event Choice: New Y...
- 03/06/13--08:49: _Review: Studio Prod...
- 03/06/13--12:02: _Kemado’s Brooklyn S...
- 03/07/13--07:46: _NYC Mastering Engin...
- 03/07/13--11:01: _Recording Studio Re...
- 03/07/13--11:37: _Will SoundToys Have...
- 03/07/13--18:53: _Sony Pictures Unite...
- 03/08/13--09:20: _Deli StompBox Exhib...
- 03/09/13--08:13: _Webinar Choice: HDX...
- 03/11/13--18:51: _Engineering David B...
- 03/12/13--08:13: _Propellerhead Annou...
- 03/12/13--12:54: _Guilford Sound, API...
- 03/13/13--07:33: _Audio Post Moves: M...
- 03/13/13--08:39: _To Mock the Stupend...
- 03/13/13--12:52: _Lindell Audio Launc...
- 08/26/11--08:22: _Avid Announces New ...
- 08/26/11--08:22: _Avid Announces New ...
- 03/06/13--08:49: Review: Studio Prodigy Master Class – Ryan Hewitt on Hybrid Mixing
- 03/06/13--12:02: Kemado’s Brooklyn Studio Installs New API 1608 Console
- 03/07/13--07:46: NYC Mastering Engineer Joe LaPorta Joins Sterling Sound
- 03/07/13--11:01: Recording Studio Retreats – Spring 2013
- 03/07/13--11:37: Will SoundToys Have a New Plugin Come SXSW?
- 03/08/13--09:20: Deli StompBox Exhibit Arrives at SXSW — March 15-16
- 03/09/13--08:13: Webinar Choice: HDX and Abbey Road – Thurs. March 14th
- 03/12/13--08:13: Propellerhead Announces Reason 7, Reason Essentials 2
- 03/13/13--07:33: Audio Post Moves: Mixer Dan Flosdorf Joins Heard City
Ableton Live has been a DAW that has always been a popular choice among songwriters and producers for it’s unique workflow, design and compatibility with Akai and other hardware instruments. Today users can get their hands on Ableton’s first major upgrade to Live since April 2009 when Ableton Live 8 … Read More
There’s no letup in the thickening competition of music publishing.
Music rules this coming Monday in Brooklyn, when New York Sound City (NYSC) will be running a powerful one-day event.
NYSC is being put on by Sound City, the UK-based brand … Read More
HOLLYWOOD: Last weekend at Universal Mastering, mixer/engineer Ryan Hewitt (The Avett Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sheryl Crow, Brandi Carlisle) led the first of what is to be many Master Classes focusing on the art of engineering and mixing records. It was the inaugural Studio Prodigy Master Class… Read More
When Kemado Records built-out its new Greenpoint headquarters a few years back, they constructed a beautiful 1,000 sq.ft. recording studio in the ground floor which has been hosting sessions for label and related acts ever since. As the label group has expanded with its Mexican Summer and Software Recording Company… Read More
The New York City-based mastering engineer Joe LaPorta has become a part of the Sterling Sound staff.
Bustling cities like New York, L.A., San Francisco and Nashville may boast more recording studios per square foot than just about anywhere else on earth. With such high concentrations of talented professionals, it’s not surprising that so many commercial records are made, at least in part, inside of one of … Read More
If the sweet aroma of mesquite seems to be wafting from your hard drive, then this must be the time when everything converges on Austin, TX for the famed SXSW.
For those gearheads in the promised land this coming week, hopefully … Read More
Consolidation continues – in this case, the converging companies were already corporate cousins.
Today, Sony Pictures Digital Productions (SPDP) announced that both the studio’s award-winning Sound Department and Colorworks, the studio’s digital intermediate facility, will move forward together under its umbrella.… Read More
With all the schmoozing going on at SXSW, it’s only natural that you’d want to stop shaking hands and STOMP on something.
For all of you who want to go feet first for … Read More
Abbey Road Studios will never cease to be a source of inspiration and fascination – to artists and engineers alike.
Coming this Thursday, March 14th, at 1 PM EST/10 AM PST, there will be a fresh opportunity to step inside one of the world’s most respected recording facilities via a … Read More
Instant classics are hard to come by. That’s what explains all the excitement around David Bowie’s new album, The Next Day.
When was the last time in music history that a record has earned so much global adulation – … Read More
Sonic adventurers, take heart! One of the best things ever to happen to music creation is about to get better.
Public … Read More
As if anyone needed more incentive to visit Vermont, here’s a very powerful motivator.
The newly-constructed Guilford Sound, an API- and Neve-equipped Fran Manzella-designed facility in the southern Vermont foothills, is offering a recording residency to an emerging band or solo artist from the Northeast.
This is … Read More
Mixers are always in motion.
The flexible setup at Heard City, the stylish boutique audio post facility in NYC’s Flatiron District, has just expanded its roster with the addition of mixer/sound designer Dan Flosdorf.
Flosdorf’s recent … Read More
PART 5: BUILDING IT
So now comes the coolest and the hardest part, build the fucking thing.
Building was … Read More
From the mean streets of Sweden, comes another new unit from gear designer Tobias Lindell and Lindell Audio.
Avid has announced the availability of the new M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 ultra-portable keyboard controller, as well as the M-Audio BX D2 studio monitor series, the latter of which represent the next generation of the BX Deluxe family. The Keystation Mini 32 (MSRP: $99.99) is a 32-note, USB bus-powered keyboard controller designed for mobile musicians. […]
Avid has announced the availability of the new M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 ultra-portable keyboard controller, as well as the M-Audio BX D2 studio monitor series, the latter of which represent the next generation of the BX Deluxe family.
The Keystation Mini 32 (MSRP: $99.99) is a 32-note, USB bus-powered keyboard Read more...
The post Avid Announces New M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Keyboard Controller, Updates BX D2 Studio Monitors appeared first on SonicScoop.