Articles on this Page
- 02/21/13--10:46: _Sound Information: ...
- 02/21/13--11:41: _KNS Productions (NY...
- 02/22/13--20:49: _Blue Cat Audio Laun...
- 02/23/13--17:56: _ADAM Launches F Ser...
- 02/24/13--16:42: _Massive Monitor Mak...
- 02/25/13--08:52: _85th Academy Award ...
- 02/25/13--18:33: _John Siket in the S...
- 02/26/13--07:03: _Nile Rodgers’ Sumth...
- 02/26/13--12:09: _Man Made Music Name...
- 02/26/13--19:33: _The Best Snare Drum...
- 02/27/13--07:35: _Event Choice: Offic...
- 02/27/13--18:46: _Music + Video: The ...
- 02/28/13--07:54: _Avid Under Investig...
- 02/28/13--20:51: _Radial Engineering ...
- 03/01/13--06:58: _Phil Ramone Hospita...
- 03/02/13--08:23: _PreSonus ADL 700 Ch...
- 03/02/13--18:05: _Fargen Amplificatio...
- 03/03/13--18:40: _Moving Music: How V...
- 03/04/13--12:38: _Allen & Heath Launc...
- 03/04/13--20:38: _Music Supervising f...
- 02/21/13--10:46: Sound Information: Metadata For Your Music
- 02/21/13--11:41: KNS Productions (NYC) Signs With Razor & Tie Music Publishing
- 02/22/13--20:49: Blue Cat Audio Launches Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro 4.0
- 02/23/13--17:56: ADAM Launches F Series Monitors – New Cost Effective Line
- 02/25/13--08:52: 85th Academy Award Audio and Music Winners Announced
- 02/25/13--18:33: John Siket in the Studio with Ex Cops: Producing Future Rock
- 02/26/13--19:33: The Best Snare Drums For The Recording Studio
- 02/28/13--20:51: Radial Engineering Debuts StageBug SB-5 Sidewinder Laptop Direct Box
- 03/01/13--06:58: Phil Ramone Hospitalized in NYC
- 03/03/13--18:40: Moving Music: How VideoHelper Achieved Next-Level Audio Networking
In the days of vinyl and tape cassettes, providing your listeners with information about your music was simple: Everything from song titles to song-writers, lyrics to album art, engineering credits to UPC codes, could be included in the sleeve or album sticker, and that was that.
Today, what drives growth … Read More
KNS has produced songs for Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, The Backstreet Boys, Aaron Carter, and Forever The Sickest Kids. The duo recently … Read More
Prepare to look deeeeep into your audio.
The forward-thinking French developer Blue Cat Audio announced that it has launched Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro 4.0, a brand new version of its multi-purpose audio levels meter and envelope generation plug-in.
Two new ways to listen critically have arrived, at a budget-friendly price point.
ADAM Audio announced that it is shipping its new F Series professional monitors. The F5 and larger F7 nearfields are equipped with ADAM’S signature tweeter technology, and along with the SubF dedicated subwoofer are designed to … Read More
When is it time to pull the trigger on a major studio upgrade? Sometimes you feel it in your bones, while other times the spark comes from client feedback.
Host Seth McFarlane was fun, but for us the real draw at the 85th Annual Academy Awards was the recognition of some of the most coveted achievements in the world of audio.
Here are the audio professionals, … Read More
MURRAY HILL: Ex Cops got their name from the frequent cover titles from the New York Post, but something tells us they’ll be making headlines of their own soon.
True Hallucinations, the band’s debut album, was released last month … Read More
One of NYC’s top music producers has quietly built up an impressive track record releasing video game soundtracks.
Loyalty is being rewarded at NYC-based Man Made Music (MMM), where Allison Meiresonne has been promoted to the newly created position of President, Brand Partnerships.
Meiresonne, who has worked with MMM for five years, will report directly to company founder Joel Beckerman. Her previous title at MMM was Vice President … Read More
It’s no overstatement to say that a good snare sound is essential to the backbone of almost any kind of pop record – whether that means hip hop, country, speed metal, R&B, punk rock, psychedelia, shoegaze, adult contemporary, jazz or straight up rock n’ roll. So every recording studio should … Read More
Who WON’T be at this event?
With YouTube still serving as a primary source of sonic discovery for everyone from fans to music supervisors, crafting a standout music video remains a top priority – for artist, producers, and labels alike.
Not … Read More
Google “NASDAQ: AVID” this morning, and the news isn’t pretty.
On February 25, Avid announced that it was postponing its Q4 and full year earnings for 2012, with the purpose of providing “additional time for the … Read More
Ready for an industrial strength solution to connect your laptop onstage?
In a move sure to be hailed by DJs, electronic music artists and rock bands the world over – not to mention music directors, AV techs, and anyone else whose laptop goes near a stage, Radial Engineering has announced … Read More
One of recorded music’s all time great producers, engineers, and mixers, Phil Ramone, is in critical care in a New York City hospital. The reason for his admission is an aortic aneurysm, otherwise known as swelling of the aorta – one of the heart’s primary components and the largest … Read More
They say good things come to those who wait.
By that measure, the PreSonus ADL 700 Channel Strip, the latest in its ADL line of gear designed by the top tube-circuit designer Anthony DeMaria, should be very good indeed. Announced last July with a projected ship date of … Read More
If you’re going to channel one music icon with your gear, John Lennon would be an excellent choice.
In recognition of that, Fargen Amplification has launched its second guitar amplifier in tribute to both the sound and spirit of Beatle John. Designed by boutique amp specialist Ben Fargen, the John … Read More
For a bunch of sound creators that like to stay tucked inside their sonic hive all day, the people of VideoHelper have developed some impressive networking skills.
But we’re not talking about the glad-handing-VIPs or three-martini-lunch type of connecting here. … Read More
The availability of live sound mixing tools that operate wirelessly via the iPad continue to expand.
Allen & Heath has launched the latest option, GLD Remote, a free download that accompanies their cost-effective and scalable GLD-80 mixer. Originally shown at NAMM 2013, the app is now out in … Read More