Articles on this Page
- 02/11/13--09:07: _Producers, Mixers, ...
- 02/11/13--12:45: _Lightning Boy Audio...
- 02/11/13--15:54: _Avid Switches CEO’s...
- 02/12/13--09:00: _Trusoundnewyork Com...
- 02/12/13--18:54: _A&R Meets Music Sup...
- 02/13/13--08:21: _audioEngine Founder...
- 02/13/13--12:03: _Ocean Way Recording...
- 02/14/13--09:52: _Dave Grohl’s Sound ...
- 02/14/13--11:20: _Comma Music Opens N...
- 02/15/13--08:14: _Electro-Harmonix Sh...
- 02/15/13--14:00: _Shoot Online: Top S...
- 02/16/13--09:04: _Neve Genesys Consol...
- 02/17/13--08:03: _Heritage Audio Laun...
- 02/17/13--19:50: _Recording Sweet Spo...
- 02/18/13--09:10: _Motion Picture Soun...
- 02/18/13--19:29: _Meet the New CEO of...
- 02/19/13--16:33: _MuTools Releases Mu...
- 02/20/13--18:23: _Session Buzz: Who’s...
- 02/20/13--20:51: _Sample Logic Introd...
- 02/21/13--08:26: _SAE New York Announ...
- 02/11/13--09:07: Producers, Mixers, Engineers Recognized at 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards
- 02/11/13--15:54: Avid Switches CEO’s: Will Louis Hernandez Turn It Around?
- 02/12/13--09:00: Trusoundnewyork Composes with Jimmy Cliff for VW, Deutsch LA
- 02/14/13--09:52: Dave Grohl’s Sound City: A Music Movie Review
- 02/14/13--11:20: Comma Music Opens NYC Studios, Expands LA Staff
- 02/15/13--08:14: Electro-Harmonix Shipping Epitome Multi-Effect Pedal
- 02/15/13--14:00: Shoot Online: Top Super Bowl Sonic Branding Spots
- 02/16/13--09:04: Neve Genesys Console Offers New Option – 88R-Style Four-Band EQ
- 02/17/13--08:03: Heritage Audio Launches DMA 73 – Dual Mic Preamp & DI
- 02/17/13--19:50: Recording Sweet Spot: Subcat Studios — Syracuse, New York
- 02/18/13--09:10: Motion Picture Sound Editors Announce 2013 Golden Reel Winners
- 02/19/13--16:33: MuTools Releases MuLab 5 DAW
- 02/20/13--18:23: Session Buzz: Who’s Recording In & Around NYC – A Monthly Report
- 02/21/13--08:26: SAE New York Announces Move to Chelsea Campus
While the 55thAnnual GRAMMY Awards show was all lights, camera, action (as it should be), it’s good to see the less-extroverted producers, engineers, mixers, and remixers get their due.
Below are the awards highlights from last night’s shindig at the … Read More
For a minute, it looked like Avid had dropped the drama.
The “Get Happy” spot that Volkswagen premiered during last week’s Super Bowl XVLII had no shortage of controversy: people had differing opinions about the protagonist from Minnesota who spoke (almost) like a Jamaican expatriate.
It used to be the dream music biz gig was A&R for a major label. Those jobs are certainly becoming scarcer, but the coveted paid occupation of finding new music talent, and helping it to be heard, is alive and well – if you know where to locate it.
There are three fewer founding partners in the ownership mix at audioEngine.
Via a post on the audio post-production facility’s Website last month, audioEngine announced that founder Bob Giammarco had acquired the company, which has studios both in … Read More
HOLLYWOOD: Ocean Way Recording – the legendary Bill Putnam-designed Hollywood studio where Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles and Radiohead have recorded – has new owners as of this week.
Towards the end of Dave Grohl’s directorial debut, the rock documentary Sound City, drummer Mick Fleetwood warns us about “the downside” to all the technological advances that have so changed the face of music production: That they might lead a person into “thinking that ‘I can do this all … Read More
The original music competition has just intensified on both coasts, courtesy of new moves by Comma Music.
Incase you missed this gem back at NAMM, the Epitome from electro-harmonix combines three of the company’s most iconic pedals into one excellent effects pedal. The Epitome is a combination of the Micro POG, the Stereo Electric Mistress and finally, the Holy Grail Plus reverb.
Feeling Super Bowl ad withdrawal? Any time of year is good for a recharge of the uncontested Ultimate TV Event of the Western World.
Here’s a fresh addition to the multitude of Super Bowl ad lists: Stephen Arnold Music, … Read More
Two EQs are better than one, especially when they’re available on a Neve.
To prove it, AMS Neve is making a new EQ option – an 88R-style four-band EQ – available for the Neve Genesys, which is AMS Neve’s custom-crafted, expandable digitally controlled analog recording console that incorporates digital … Read More
We can’t return our whole bodies to the 1970’s, but at least our ears can go there.
Heritage Audio, the Madrid-based manufacturer whose mission is to pay sonic homage to the great 1970’s Neve consoles — but with updated components — has launched the new DMA 73 dual microphone … Read More
The constant quest for a destination studio within striking distance of New York City leads logically to Syracuse.
A renowned college town, it’s no wonder that the recording scene is on the rise here. For the myriad regional musicians, as well as artists seeking a respite a few hours drive … Read More
The behind-the-scenes stars were out on Sunday in Hollywood.
For pure sonic quality in feature films, TV, animation, documentary, and video games, the 60th Motion Picture Sound Editors (MPSE) Golden Reel Awards were … Read More
There’s no official President of Pro Audio, but the CEO who runs Avid comes closest to holding that title. Just like the President of the United States is often referred to as the Leader of the Free World, the person who runs the Burlington, MA-based media technology company has responsibilities … Read More
Whether or not you have heard of this particular DAW system from MuTools, MuLab 5 has always been one to blaze it’s own trail in one way or another amongst other DAW heavyweights. Apart from being affordable, what immediately sets MuLab apart from others is it’s MUX (multiplexer) VST … Read More
GREATER NYC AREA: New works by David Bowie, Vampire Weekend, She & Him, Azealia Banks, John Scofield, Common and more have been in production all over the city – in the studios highlighted below. Where’s everyone recording? And who’s working with who? Here is our neighborhood-by-neighborhood guide to recent … Read More
New tools to enhance creativity and workflow for sound design are always welcome.
ASSAULT contains over 850 instruments and … Read More