Articles on this Page
- 01/23/13--06:06: _The Fortress: Out-o...
- 01/23/13--07:22: _IK Multimedia Debut...
- 01/24/13--04:35: _Universal Audio Deb...
- 01/24/13--07:54: _Eventide Announces ...
- 01/24/13--11:25: _Behind The Release:...
- 01/24/13--12:31: _Arturia Debuts Uber...
- 01/24/13--23:34: _JBL Professional De...
- 01/27/13--09:44: _Aviom Intros New Mi...
- 01/28/13--17:12: _Album Production In...
- 01/29/13--08:39: _Avid Launches New P...
- 01/29/13--17:20: _Review: Drums on De...
- 01/29/13--19:26: _IK Multimedia Annou...
- 01/30/13--10:45: _Butter Music & Soun...
- 01/31/13--08:33: _Apogee Electronics ...
- 01/31/13--10:58: _NAMM 2013 Walking T...
- 02/08/13--08:23: _Music Works NYC Nam...
- 02/09/13--11:56: _Le Masque: Delay Pl...
- 02/09/13--18:41: _Radial Engineering ...
- 02/10/13--07:07: _NY Event Choice: NY...
- 02/10/13--21:49: _Vinyl Mastering Out...
- 01/23/13--06:06: The Fortress: Out-of-the-Box Recording In Downtown LA
- 01/24/13--07:54: Eventide Announces H9 Harmonizer Stompbox
- 01/24/13--11:25: Behind The Release: Philip Glass Rework
- 01/24/13--23:34: JBL Professional Debuts M2 Master Reference Monitor
- 01/27/13--09:44: Aviom Intros New Mixer, Personal Mixing Systems
- 01/29/13--17:20: Review: Drums on Demand Top 10 Rock by Mark Kondracki
- 01/31/13--08:33: Apogee Electronics Debuts Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge
- 01/31/13--10:58: NAMM 2013 Walking Tour: Notable Highlights from Anaheim
- 02/08/13--08:23: Music Works NYC Names Nina Creese Studio Manager
- 02/09/13--11:56: Le Masque: Delay Plugin Receives Major Update from XILS-Lab
- 02/09/13--18:41: Radial Engineering Debuts Voco-Loco — Vocal Preamp and Effects Loop
- 02/10/13--21:49: Vinyl Mastering Outlook: Can Lathes Keep up the Pace in 2013?
Downtown Los Angeles has seen a metamorphosis in recent years; bringing new clubs, restaurants and other businesses to a neighborhood that went neglected for a very long time. In a city that tends to tear down any building over 50 years old and erase its history (the sad fates of … Read More
It’s a combination that almost seems like too much to ask for in a speaker: accurate, loud, portable, wireless, and equally capable for critical listening, practice and performance.
Universal Audio already knew how to emulate one of the most beloved optical compressors ever – now they know a lot more.
In an announcement sure to attract attention, and ears, the company has introduced the soon-to-be-released Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo … Read More
The H9 is fully controllable via its front panel (a one-knob interface), but there’s also a free iOS app, “H9 … Read More
The year 2012 was a late-career landmark for Philip Glass.
In the beginning of the year, the composer celebrated his 75th birthday with the premiere of a new symphony and the first major production of his 1976 opera Einstein on the Beach in ten years.
SparkLE is Arturia’s hybrid beat production center combining hardware hands-on control with software strength and integration.
World-class studio and post monitoring just took a big step forward.
JBL Professional has introduced the M2 Master Reference Monitor, a critical listening 2-way system designed to blaze a new trail in the audio world. Extensive R&D was applied to the free-standing M2, applying multiple patents and the deep … Read More
At Winter NAMM this week…Aviom introduced its new personal mixer, the A360 – the next generation of the A-16II. The A360 offers new levels of control and customization options, and features an advanced 36-channel mix engine which can be used to mix up to 17 mono or stereo channels … Read More
How does a producer get to grow along with an artist, when they work together on consecutive albums? As it turns out, the return experience can be enormously enlightening for parties on both sides of the glass. That’s certainly true of NYC’s The NowhereNauts, which have blasted off 2013 … Read More
This is an inside job – the latest additions to Avid’s AAX plugin portfolio for Pro Tools comes from Avid itself.
What makes New York City so special? It’s the bedrock. The foundation.
It’s the material in the ground that enables skyscrapers. It is the secret element that allowed Manhattan island to be so densely built up and … Read More
The digital musician’s best friend has done it again with the newly announced iRig BlueBoard.
This Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard for iPhone, iPad and Mac drew plenty of attention at NAMM, and was designed for use with any Core-MIDI-compatible app or software as a wireless controller. With the included software, … Read More
New York City-based Butter Music & Sound has been doing more than just California dreamin’.
Another Thunderbolt is headed our way.
The development means that Apogee’s Symphony I/O will be able to work in tandem with the extremely high … Read More
Hype this isn’t: The mood at the music industry’s megashow known as NAMM was truly upbeat in 2013.
Common consensus among veteran NAMM exhibitors was that traffic was up, and that an optimistic outlook had returned to the attendees after a noticeable pause. The creativity among people who play instruments … Read More
Music Works NYC, the Upper West Side boutique tracking and mixing facility, has announced the promotion of Nina Creese to the position of Studio Manager.
A Brooklyn native with Hatian roots, Ms. Creese has been working as … Read More
All effects and dynamics have their place, but for creative processing there’s nothing as inspiring as a great delay.
The crafty French developer XILS-Lab has significantly increased the musicality and functionality of its specialty plugin with the launch of Le Masque: Delay 1.5. What distinguishes Le Masque: Delay is … Read More
Studios and live performers have long been in search of a better mousetrap to integrate vocals and guitar pedal effects. The new Voco-Loco from Radial Engineering definitely qualifies.
The Voco-Loco is a combination microphone preamp and effects loop insert that enables the vocalist to add guitar effects like delay, reverb … Read More
NYC and music technology go together like beer and BBQ. So why not put all four together in a tasty blend?