Articles on this Page
- 01/12/13--08:50: _DPA Introduces d:fa...
- 01/12/13--20:17: _Diablo FX Launches ...
- 01/13/13--19:22: _Recording Studio Sw...
- 01/14/13--13:34: _New Joey Bada$$ Sin...
- 01/14/13--14:31: _FXpansion Launches ...
- 01/14/13--18:35: _All Mixed Up? Delay...
- 01/15/13--08:55: _Focusrite Introduce...
- 01/15/13--18:04: _Bay Area Music Coll...
- 01/16/13--06:28: _Review: iZotope Ins...
- 01/16/13--07:55: _Google Play Selects...
- 01/16/13--12:32: _TK Audio Launches t...
- 01/17/13--07:01: _TASCAM Launches TH-...
- 01/17/13--08:57: _Behind The Release:...
- 01/17/13--13:13: _ADL Introduces Pent...
- 01/17/13--18:55: _Rupert Neve Designs...
- 01/18/13--13:07: _Motion Picture Soun...
- 01/19/13--09:12: _Steinberg Introduce...
- 01/22/13--07:14: _Earthworks Announce...
- 01/22/13--12:36: _They Might Be Giant...
- 01/22/13--18:33: _LA Event Choice: Th...
- 01/14/13--18:35: All Mixed Up? Delay Is A Mixer’s Best Friend — by Jamey Staub
- 01/15/13--08:55: Focusrite Introduces Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre
- 01/16/13--06:28: Review: iZotope Insight (Essential Metering Suite) by Zach McNees
- 01/16/13--12:32: TK Audio Launches the Transceiver — Universal Insert Tool
- 01/17/13--07:01: TASCAM Launches TH-02 – Affordable Multi-Use Studio Grade Headphones
- 01/17/13--08:57: Behind The Release: Widowspeak Almanac
- 01/17/13--13:13: ADL Introduces Penteo 3 Pro — Stereo-to-5.1 Surround Plugin
- 01/18/13--13:07: Motion Picture Sound Editors Announce 2013 Golden Reel Nominees
- 01/19/13--09:12: Steinberg Introduces UR22 – Portable USB 192 kHz Audio Interface
- 01/22/13--07:14: Earthworks Announces First 500 Series Module – 521 ZDT Preamp
- 01/22/13--12:36: They Might Be Giants Release New EP, New Music App
Versatility and increased fidelity, in one package, is always an appealing pairing.
The Danish microphone manufacturer DPA has put those elements together with the new d:facto II Vocal Microphone. Due to be officially launched at the 2013 NAMM show at the end of January, the d:facto II builds on the … Read More
NAMM is approaching fast, and now there’s no doubt about it – gear inventors are laying it all on the line.
Mark Law, founder of the NYC studio known as A Bloody Good Record, is a man of few words.
But that’s OK, because as it turns out, there are plenty of people willing to step up and do the talking for him. Ask a producer or engineer or two, … Read More
Brooklyn-bred rising star MC Joey Bada$$ – which XXL named, “New York hip hop’s last hope, the heir apparent to lyrical giants like Nas and Big L” – has a new single out today on Mountain Dew’s Green Label Sound. The single, “Unorthodox” was produced by DJ … Read More
When it comes to drum programming, authentic cymbal sounds and feels can be the X-factor in getting the desired results.
The prolific software developer FXpansion is helping producers, engineers and beatmakers along with Zildjian Digital Vault, a comprehensive collection of Zildjian cymbal recordings ready to go for the BFD2… Read More
The latest in a series on raising your mix game, from the accomplished NYC mixer/producer Jamey Staub. Visit him early/often at http://www.jameystaub.com.
Delays Delays… How do I love thee. Let me count the ways. In fact, there are countless ways to use delays. Some of which I haven’t invented … Read More
(Note: This article was updated on December 12, 2013 — please see below about availability.)
A new 500 series mic pre with an impressive pedigree is headed our way.
Audio pros and musicians in the Bay Area just got a big assist.
If you work with audio primarily ‘in-the-box,’ you know that your DAW is only as powerful as the plugins you stock it with. EQs, compressors, reverbs, effects and synths no doubt make up the vast majority of your toolset. But metering plugins are an equally crucial component of the modern … Read More
Here’s a cross-platform score for you: NYC-based Harry Fox Agency (HFA), the well-established provider of rights management solutions for the music and other intellectual property-based industries, has nailed down what could be a big deal with Google Play, the digital application distribution platform for Android developed and maintained by Google.… Read More
If only real life were like it is inside Reason – everything magically connects to everything in a creative confluence.
Comfortable headphones with good fidelity and a low price point will never go out of style in the studio.
TASCAM aims to complete that trifecta for music producers, engineers and artists with the new TH-02 closed-back headphones. Available now for a street price of $29.95, the new headgear is a … Read More
Sometimes people do their best work when they step outside their comfort zones. Widowspeak‘s latest release, Almanac, out January 22 on Captured Tracks, is evidence of just that. Its sound is the product of a few creative people veering just slightly off course. And the album is … Read More
Going from stereo to surround in a flash is always an attractive proposition.
One of the premier pedigrees in audio has two new modules for the rapidly intensifying 500 Series sector.
Get ready for the envelopes — and especially the crisp sound of them being torn open.
There’s a cost-effective new audio interface that’s about to arrive on the scene – but there’s nothing cheap about it. Steinberg has just introduced the UR22, which packs plenty of desirable features into a very solid-feeling form factor, for an MSRP of just $199.99.
The UR22 provides up to … Read More
(EDITOR’S UPDATE — October 16, 2013: Earthworks announced today that the 521 ZDT Preamp is officially shipping, with a MAP of $999.)
There are many firsts each year at NAMM, but some are more significant than others.
Brooklyn’s own They Might Be Giants have a new album, Nanobots, coming out in March. In advance of the new album, the band has today released the “Nanobots EP” featuring three tracks off the upcoming album. Check out the new song “Lost My Mind” HERE.
With … Read More
If your career touches production music in any way, then an essential event is coming up for all those in the LA area to attend.
“The Future of Production Music: Opportunities, Challenges & Threats” will be presented by … Read More